Saturday, January 14, 2006

Today Was Such a Crazy Day: Snow in Tehran (08.02.05 PM)

Today was such a crazy day.
The snow was getting thicker this morning (yet it’s still snowing.) Woke up early this morning hoping to catch the shuttle bus. Went to the guest house lobby at 7.15 and found out it had just left. Darn! Tried to arrange a taxi. As predicted, they refused to come as the snow was as high as an adult’s hip. Sedans would definitely not make it. Made calls here and there trying to arrange our company’s car. No luck. Finally, at 8.30 the same bus returned from the office and picked us up. My first interview was scheduled at 8. I was way too late for that. By the time I reached the office, it was 9.45. 5 people were impatiently waiting for me. Sorry, guys….

Today was such a crazy day.
Thousands of emails (well, of course, I’m exaggerating here) came to my mailbox which I somehow managed to reply in between the interviews. (Arrghhh.... stop sending me emails, guys!)

Today was such a crazy day. I asked the receptionist to order some fried chickens for my lunch (Didn’t bother to go out in such a weather.) Guess what I got? Chicken burger!!! There go my fried chickens….

Today was such a crazy day.
There was this candidate who came for an interview and showed off his Spanish language in front of us. Who did he think he was? We are not even a Spanish company. No one in the room even speaks Spanish. We didn’t even ask him a question in Spanish. Then, he started rambling when asked to present himself. Some people just don’t know what they are talking about. Needless to say, this guy was rejected. In the evening, he called me (I shouldn’t have answered it) and complained about the result (of course, if he had been accepted, he wouldn’t have complained, right?) I guess I was being nice him on the phone, but I made it as straight as possible to the point. No second chance.

Today was such a crazy day.
I keep praying the snow will stop hours before my return flight to Dubai on Wed evening. Getting stuck in Tehran over the weekend is really not an option. And guess what, tomorrow is indeed a public holiday in Dubai (Islamic New Year) and I didn’t even know it until today! If I’d known it before, I wouldn’t have traveled to Iran.

Today was such a crazy day.
Tri, Kho and I went to have dinner in a Thai restaurant in Enghelab Hotel. We were expecting the worst, but hey, the food quality was pretty authentic (thanks, Tri, for the treat.)

A good treat to end such a crazy day with.

No comments: