Saturday, January 14, 2006

Cafe Ceramique - Town Center Dubai (18.06.05)

Dita and I just found a new way to spend our weekend or to chill out or to relieve our stress - whatever you want to call it. Ceramic painting... We tried it once. Frankly speaking, it was one of the soothing ways away from the crowd.Firstly, you choose the raw shape (Dita chose mugs for us, which I argued, as their rounded shapes are just too daunting to paint on.). Secondly, you have to select 5 filling and 2 lining colors. Thirdly, you order your cappucino (if you like one). Forthly, you think about the design (this is probably the most difficult part for me). Fifthly, you sip you cappucino, then off you go with the experiment.

For the filling colors, you must paint them at least 3 times or else they will hardly appear on the final product. The lining colors are very daunting. You push and push until it comes out. I hurt my arms because of this. Once you are done, they will put your ceramic into the fire. You can then collect them within a few days.

The whole process is never easy if you are not an artist. This also applies to me who had never translated my artistic imagination into a canvas for such a long time. Nevertheless, the whole experience was new for both of us. We'd love to return for a better result!

No comments: