Monday, October 29, 2007

The Lone Violinist in Calendar 2008

So, one of my photos is finally published on the Schlumberger's official Calendar 2008, for the month of August to be exact. Of course I was surprised and excited, as this is the first time that my photo is being publicly recognized and published.

The photo itself was taken at the Place des Vosges, Paris, in the sunny afternoon of summer 2006. It is not uncommon to find street musicians in this lively square every weekend. Then again, I was there in the right place and at the right time. The violinist had just begun his 'gig' with his first tune when I was walking past him. Luckily, there were not many people yet around him, so I could take a shot of him with the columns without any other people behind. Seconds after, people started gathering around him. Had I been a few seconds late, this photo wouldn't have been here. Talking about photography of the right moments again....

No comments: