Monday, December 04, 2006

Morning Therapy

I was checking the Schlumberger Hub today and extremely happy to find out that one of my photos had been selected as one of the 3 best shots of the week beating 124 other submitted photos! Cihuy.... Finally!

Although, this is an internal 'competition' without any prize given away, but still the feeling is quite overwhelming. This is the first time my amateur photoshot is recognized publicly.

I named the photo "Morning Therapy" simply because the atmosphere was so calm that I felt it could 'heal' people who suffered from the restless world around them. Some kind of natural therapy.

The photo was taken during our weekend stay in Chedi, Muscat (Oman) back in Oct 2004. Dita and I intentionally woke up quite early and easily became the first two guests who arrived at the swimming pool and the calm beach. Whilst we were enjoying the tranquility, I took the opportunity to take the shot with our 5MP Sony DSC-T1 digital camera. Nothing is really fancy about our little camera. The photo was a beauty by its nature. No touch-ups or alikes. Simply a reflection of the original colors. But I have to admit that the morning lights are always the best friend for amateur photographers like me.

In fact, when I submitted that photo, I did not put my expectation too high. I personally thought that this week's competition is tougher than the last week's, i.e. there are a lot more amazing photos submitted by SLB employees this week. I had submitted several photos in the previous weeks with no success. Hence, this time I chose the title and described the photo with very little thinking.

I guess this time the unexpected has become a reality. I am just hoping this is not the last one to have been selected.

2 comments:

Merlyna said...

Congratulations! You deserve the award.
Love the pic. The angle and the choice of object are perfect! Impressive!

Novel Tjahyadi said...

Thx, Mer. Saved by the morning light :-)