Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Heartfelt Letter for Karim & Donna in Beirut (29.07.06)

My dear friends

Just so you know, you have been all over my thoughts since the very first drop of the bomb by the Israelis. I do not mean to talk politics here. Nor do I have the rights to do so. I just pretend not to care about who, why, what, how, bla bla bla.... All I care about for now is you two and your families.

I had attempted several phone calls with no luck (aaarrgghh, that alone has made my heart broken and I mean it!). I only wanted to hear your voices and to know you are all alright.

On the third day of the mess, was I glad to receive your email reply! Knowing that you were hanging tough out there made me feel relief. But *sigh* I could tell from the tone of your email that things were not looking good at all. I could only tell your hearts were broken too for the innocent deads.

And I could only tell these whole things have take me to a memory drift. A memory of the moments we all share together when Dita and I paid you a visit about 1.5 years back. I don't know how many times I have mentioned this to anyone that Beirut had impressed me in an unspoken way. Never did I imagine your country was more beautiful than one could have imagined. For now, I could only hope the rages would not destroy the historical sites.

My dear friends, for now I have lost contact with you two. But deep in my heart, I am convinced this is only temporary. And I want you to know that my prayers are always with you. Stay strong!

No comments: